A short teaching session in our shaded classroom is followed by a water skills lesson in our 10 foot deep dive pool to provide a relaxing environment for our new divers. Divers will then go directly from the pool and then dive in the ocean on our House Reef.
Maka Koa Sunset Whale Watch Dive & Snorkel
Sunset Whale Watch after dive & snorkel!
- Proof of Open Water Certification is required for divers. Digital copy is acceptable.
- Divers should be able to descend and ascend without a line, maintain a 15-foot safety stop (without a line to hold on to) and have excellent buoyancy control.
- Divers must have a recent dive in the last 3 years. Contact us regarding refresher options.
- All passengers must complete a waiver form.
- Diver w/ Gear Certified Diver 12+ Years Old • Renting BCD & Reg • Recent dive within 3 years
- Diver HOG Certified Diver 12+ Years Old • Bringing own BCD & Reg • Recent dive within 3 years
- Adult Snorkeler Hotel Pickup NOT Included • 13+ Years Old
- Child Snorkeler Hotel Pickup NOT Included • 5-12 Years Old • MUST be accompanied by Adult Snorkeler
Experience this unique whale watch, dive & snorkel experience in Wailea, HI!
Join us aboard the Maka Koa, our 48′ V-Hull jet engine boat, for an intimate whale watching experience. Each winter, the humpback whales visit the waters surrounding Maui, which is a National Marine Sanctuary for these endangered whales.
After leaving the harbor, we will make our way up the West Coast of Maui to find a dive and snorkel spot so guests can experience being underwater while listening to the whale songs!
Upon completion of the dive, food will be served while we cruise around in search of the Hawaiian Humpback Whales while enjoying a classic Maui sunset. By being a smaller vessel with smaller groups, we provide an amazing vantage point closer to the water to encourage some close up approaches by these beautiful animals.
Trip location can be subject to change due to weather and ocean conditions, as the Captain sees fit for the safety and well being of the guests.
- 1 Tank Dive & Snorkel
- Dive Depth 40′ (avg.)
- West Side Dive Location
- Excellent Valet Dive Service
- Heavy hot & cold appetizers
- Sunset Whale Watching
- High Quality Rental Gear
- Towels and sunscreen provided
Items to Bring:
Light Jacket, Certification Card, and Cash for Gratuity or Merchandise
Appetizers: Baby Back Ribs, Marinara Meatballs, Caprese Skewers, Veggie Platter, Hummus & Pita
Snacks: Variety of dry snacks
Drinks: Juices, soda, and water